Nutty Veggie Hot Dogs
Bored of eating the regular food? Spruce up your meal with these Nutty Veggie Hot Dogs.
2 tbsp olive oil
6 small hot dog buns
For the Roll/Seekh:
½ tsp mustard sauce
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
3 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed roughly
1 cup grated bottle gourd, squeezed well and devoid of any excess water
2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
A paper cone or a squeeze bottle
- From each hot dog bun, scoop out the soft middle portion with a knife, leaving ¼” border all around. Grind the scooped bread in a mixer and make crumbs.
- Microwave these bread crumbs in a microwave-proof flat dish for 2 minutes. Mix well with a spoon and microwave for 2 more minutes. Keep the dry bread crumbs aside.
- Mix mashed potatoes, bottle gourd, ½ cup dry crumbs, salt, pepper, mustard, green chilli, coriander and peanuts.
- Divide into 6 balls. Make into 2” long rolls/seekh with greased hands. Ensure that they can fit into the hollowed buns.
- Spread some olive oil on the hollowed hot dog bun. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each hollowed bun. Grill in a pre-heated oven for 3 minutes or until crisp.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Bake the roll on a greased baking tray or a microwave pan for 10 minutes.
- To serve, spread some mayonnaise on the hollow part of the bun. Immediately put the rolls/seekh into the bread shell.
- Swirl some mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise in a zig-zag style. Serve hot.
Don’t miss: Aubergine and Caramelised Onion Cracker Pizza
Shristi is an avid reader, recipe developer and wellness enthusiast. She’s probably making a mess in her kitchen right now.