Our Mocha Truffle cake is perfect for a weekend dessert for the whole family. Its chocolate flavour is so satisfying that the cake is unlikely to last the whole weekend!
8” plastic micro proof box
¼ cup of water
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp hot water
3 tsp coffee powder mixed in 1 tbsp hot water
½ cup oil
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup curd
½ tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup of cocoa
1 cup maida
For the soaking syrup:
½ cup of water
½ cup brown sugar
3 tsp coffee
For truffle topping:
3 cups or 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
A few Hide and Seek biscuits/chocolate cookies
200 g cream
- Line with paper a 7-8” micro proof plastic box or a cake container. Grease the paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda. Keep aside.
- Beat sugar and curd. Add essence and the coffee mix.
- Gradually add the oil while beating the batter continuously.
- Fold in the sifted flour with a wooden spatula/spoon.
- Pour into the container and microwave for 7 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- For the soaking syrup, mix all the ingredients together and microwave for a minute. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Allow it to cool.
- For the truffle topping, microwave the cream for a minute. Add the chocolate and mix well until a smooth paste is obtained. If required, microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate with the spatula and let it stand for a few minutes, stit again if necessary.
- To assemble, cut the chocolate cake into 2 layers.
- Put the bottom layer of the cake on a flat plate, soak lightly with the coffee syrup. Spread ⅓ of the prepared truffle mix on it.
- Place the second layer of the cake on it. Spread the remaining truffle on it. Lift the truffle falling on the sides with a knife and level the sides.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate cookies/Hide and Seek biscuits, placing them a little higher than the cake at an angle. Sprinkle crunched cookies on top if you like.
Note: You can substitute the chocolate cookies for coffee beans.
Also, try our Cheesecake with Raspberry Topping