Cheesecake with Raspberry Topping
Only a few things in life are as good as our Cheesecake with Raspberry Topping. Creamy, smooth and topped with raspberries, this cheesecake is guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
For the crust:
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 ½ tbsp softened butter
3 tsp jam
4 slices of white bread, ground in a mixer to get fresh crumbs
For the cheesecake:
3 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp cornflour
8 tbsp cheese spread
400 g cream
400 g yoghurt, hung in a muslin cloth for 1 hour
For the topping:
2 tsp cornflour
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp raspberry
- Beat cheese spread in a bowl, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add hung curd and beat again. Add vanilla essence, cream and cornflour. Beat again until smooth. Keep in the fridge.
- For the crust, line a plate with a paper napkin. Spread fresh bread crumbs on a paper napkin and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir with a spoon. Microwave again for 2 minutes. Let it cool for the bread crumbs to turn dry.
- Mix butter, jam, coconut and dry bread crumbs in a bowl. Place the mixture at the bottom of 8-9” square microwave-safe serving dish. Microwave on 60% power for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave. Allow it to cool.
- Keep the dish in the freezer for 25 minutes to set.
- Pour the above-mentioned cheesecake mixture onto the frozen crust. Keep in the fridge for 3-4 hours or more to set.
- Mix cornflour, water and jam. Microwave for 30 seconds or until it boils and turns thick. Mix well until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour over the set cheesecake and spread gently with a rubber spatula. Let it set in the fridge.
- Your Cheesecake with Raspberry Topping is ready to be served!
P.S: Don’t forget to try our Steamed Cocoa Pudding
Shristi likes to write about Food, Finance and everything in between.