High Protein Baked Potatoes
Need healthy and kid-friendly recipe ideas that won’t bust the budget but are loaded with protein? Try our high protein baked potatoes that are nutritious, tasty and affordable.
1 tbsp cheese spread (optional)
½ tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp softened butter
½ tsp Tabasco sauce
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup yoghurt, hung in a muslin cloth for ½ hour
1 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled
6-7 large potatoes, boiled and peeled
For the topping:
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp coriander, chopped
½ tsp wheat flour
6 tbsp cornflour
- Begin by cutting the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out the potatoes leaving ½” thick wall. Keep scooped out potatoes aside.
- Place the above scooped out potato in a small mixer. Churn out a few seconds to get a smooth paste. Remove to a bowl.
- Add pepper, salt, hung yoghurt, Tabasco sauce, garlic, butter, oil/melted butter to the potato paste. Mix well.
- Grease the hollowed potatoes well with oil and grill them upside down in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Fill the hollowed-out potatoes with the channa mixture with a spoon.
- Sprinkle cornflakes topping on each potato covering the top completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. Dot with chutney. Serve.
Don’t miss: Chilli Tortilla Roll-Ups
Shristi likes to write about Food, Finance and everything in between.