Craving some traditional Indian dessert? Our Phirni recipe to the rescue. These rice pudding flavoured with green cardamoms and topped with nuts will delight the kids and elders alike!
5-6 green pistas, thinly sliced
2-3 green cardamom seeds, powdered
1 tsp rose water or a drop of Kewra essence
10 almonds, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup rice, soaked for 2-3 hours and ground into a fine paste
- Begin by removing the skin on the almonds. Once done, grind them into a fine paste. Add a few drops of water if required.
- In a deep bowl, mix milk and rice.
- Microwave for 6 minutes. Stir with a wire whisk after each minute to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add sugar and mix again. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Add the almond paste and mix. Microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Stir in the rose water along with cardamom powder. Pour in 4 bowls.
- Decorate with silver leaf, nuts and cardamom powder. Serve chilled after 2-3 hours.
Also, try our Gajar ka Halwa
Shristi likes to write about Food, Finance and everything in between.