Chilli Tortilla Roll-Ups
An easy recipe for the classic Mexican tortilla roll-ups. Flavourful and spicy, our chilli tortilla roll-ups recipe makes for a great make-ahead snack that travels well.
2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp red chilli powder
1-2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1 cup ready-made tomato puree
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 cup capsicum, cut into 1” pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
5 tbsp oil
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup Nutri nugget granules, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes, strained and squeezed well
4 ready-made tortillas
- Put 3 tbsp oil and onion in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 50 seconds.
- Add Nutri nuggets and garlic. Stir and microwave for 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Add paprika, capsicum, coriander, red chilli, turmeric and cumin powders, tomato puree and green chillies. Mix well. microwave for 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave.
- Spread butter or olive oil on each tortilla. Arrange some filling over it in a row. Sprinkle cheese.
- Roll tortillas tightly like a roll. Brush all rolls with oil. Place in a greased baking tray microwave-safe dish with the joint side down.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Grill for 5 minutes. Remove.
- Slice into 1” diagonal pieces and serve dotted with some read-made salsa/mayo/mustard.
Don’t miss: High Protein Baked Potatoes
Shristi is an avid reader, recipe developer and wellness enthusiast. She’s probably making a mess in her kitchen right now.