These yummy homemade chocolate bars make up for the cutest treats for your children.
5 tbsp peanut butter
½ cup read-made or chopped chocolate chips
4 tbsp softened butter
5 tbsp honey
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups oats, crushed
For the topping:
¼ cup chopped mix nuts
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, combine butter, honey, sugar and crushed oats. Mix well. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave again for 2 more minutes.
- Grease a small square cake tin. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the tin. Level it with the back of a steel bowl, pressing it well to bind together.
- In a small glass bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir well to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the set oats mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge. Cut into bars once the mixture is slightly set.
- Chill the bars again until firm. Serve or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Also, try our Steamed Cocoa Pudding
Shristi is an avid reader, recipe developer and wellness enthusiast. She’s probably making a mess in her kitchen right now.